Health for Living is a partnership of organisations (including engagement of the voluntary sector) which have shared values and will deliver a range of services which promote and support health and well-being. We are committed to transforming the life chances, health and well-being of individuals and communities through the provision of high quality services and initiatives.
We will meet the needs of local communities by delivering and developing services and initiatives which improve people’s quality of life and well-being. We will work to support individuals, families, target groups and communities with identified and unmet needs whilst improving their experience. We will do this by creating and enhancing choice, opportunity and control. We will improve physical and mental health and relationships; undertake work on health improvement and education; reduce health inequalities; improve opportunities in employment and housing and undertake work on prevention and intervention.
Our aims are to:
- Provide outcome based services and support personalised objectives
- Work collaboratively with statutory partners, third sector organisations and private companies to create genuine benefits for people, building strong relationships
- Employ technology to widen awareness, delivery of and access to services
- Relieve poverty by creating local employment opportunities and supporting individuals to gain employment through education and training
- Create sustainable economic growth and individual economic well-being – this will be central to our activities and this will include all procurement and subcontracting
- Create flexible access and choice to services, ensuring fair access to meet individual needs
- Transform lives and communities through improved health and well-being activities and initiatives
- Enable people and communities to take more responsibility and control over their own health and well-being, encouraging self-help and guided self-support.
- Fairness and equality
- Partnerships and commitment to communities
- Putting people first
- Excellence through innovation and quality development.